The seasons have changed - the air is cooler, the vibrant colors that emerged on leaves a few weeks ago have been replaced by retreating daylight hours! This winter, however, you can still experience a bloom in your financial life. Don’t go cold on your banking needs…be proactive and pursue the best credit union services now!
At Hudson River Community Credit Union (HRCCU), our members already know the benefits of banking with their local credit union. However, if you aren’t familiar with the advantages of credit union membership over traditional banking institutions, you could be missing out on valuable money management advantages.
While credit unions and traditional banks can offer similar products, such as a variety of loan options, checking and savings accounts, Certificates of Deposit (CD) and debit cards, there are distinct differences that set credit unions apart.
Credit Union Membership Benefits:
- Interest Rate Advantages -- Unlike traditional banks, credit unions are not-for-profit entities. As a result, members benefit from lower rate loans, lines of credit and credit cards. You will also enjoy higher interest rate availability on deposit accounts, such as checking, high-yield savings, money market and Certificates of Deposit.
- No-Fee Checking – Choice Checking offers simple, free checking with no minimum balance, free online banking, VISA Debit Card and more.
- No ATM Fees (ATM owner surcharge may apply) – Members don’t pay fees to retrieve their own money at participating ATMs.
- Co-op Shared Banking – Thanks to a collection of participating credit unions nationwide, members can access their local account information from anywhere within the network. Simply put, HRCCU members have the ability to bank at co-op locations as if they were right at their own hometown credit union. That's the best of banking convenience and peace of mind while on the road.
- Member-focused – “Making Life Better” is HRCCU’s motto and the foundation of how we conduct business. We are invested in our members’ financial well-being. Members know they are part of the HRCCU family, with a stake in the company.
- Personalized Customer Service – If you enjoy a place where everybody knows your name, then a credit union is the perfect option for you. Personal greetings, fast and friendly service, and convenience are the norm at credit unions. In fact, at a time when personal interaction has almost become a thing of the past, HRCCU members are still able to call and talk with a local customer service representative.
- Local Ties -- Another valuable aspect of being an HRCCU member is that your money, including your loan(s), remain local as well. No outsourcing of your hard-earned dollars or your communications.
To learn more about HRCCU member benefits, download the complete overview below!